"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone" Oldboy (2003)

Thursday 15 November 2012

A View to a Kill isn't the worst film

As I wrote in the last post, Diamonds are Forever is my worst Bond film, but a common statement made by many Bond fans is that A View to a Kill is the worst film. In my opinion there are at least 4 worse films. A View to a Kill has a lot going for it. On the one hand it has Christopher Walken's Max Zorin; one of the best Bond villains, it has the great finale atop the Golden Gate Bridge and my favourite Bond song; "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran. But, I can see why people don't like it; Roger Moore was too old and wasn't convincing in the action scenes, the humor as well got out of control and got to a point where the films were turning into self parody. All in all, I can find a lot of enjoyment in A View to a Kill, more than most fans at least/

No comments:

Post a Comment